Saturday, November 19, 2005

It was after hours

when I wrenched open the shutters of my window to peek at the maple tree which was presently undressing, flailing amorous and flirtingly under the sticky moonlight. But, quite unexpectedly, the shutters snapped on my nose with a sharp twang! and, indisposed to breathing through my mouth like a churl, I procured from my memory pepper, and proceeded to shake out a sneeze. The glass, smudged with reflections, began to laugh at me, and in my anger I made off with a violent Achoo! that sent it thudding against the wall. I jumped out of the window and in virile haste tore off my clothes while sprinting to the tree. We made love in a nearby grove.
The next morning it was 10 pm and I awoke in a dream where traveling minstrels gave up their horns and bell strewn pants for their daughter who had become a piano without wheels. I finally sat up in the dirt with tears streaming down my face.

2 Comments:

Blogger Humbert H. Humbert said...

Look, why not write about something everybody hasn't already experienced, you hack!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Der Schwanzmann said...

I was at the prom with the worst date in the history of, like, high school and I saw my old boyfriend laughing with my best friend on my birthday during the night that I lost my virginity in bloodletting doctor strangling manifest destiny.

That picture gives way too much credence to your comments, by the way.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home